Bug Swamp Cemetery
Located in the front yard of the James C. Straub residence in the Good Hope community. A bronze plaque mounted on a brick monument memoralize the Watts family. The Booth stones are nearby. A couple of old illegible wooden markers are across the yard. The R.M. Anderson cemetery is located across the road, but, according to our information, is not a part of Bug Swamp. Cataloged by Catherine H. Lewis and Lessie Heniford Edge 7 September 1989.
Transcribed with permission from Waccamaw Records.
- Booth, Gussie Slake 2 May 1914 - 2 Oct 1919
- Booth, Isadora 23 Jul 1867 - 16 Dec 1926
- Booth, John 28 Aug 1847 - 31 May 1902? [stone mended, another broken stone beside this one]
- Watts, Richard 1820 - 1890
- Watts, Priscilla 1824 - 1906 [w/o Richard Watts] Children Colin and Anna buried here, other children:Hughey, Ben, Byrd, Owen, John and Eliza.
[ Cemetery Index ] [ Home ]
This web site is owned by the
Horry County Historical Society, 606 Main Street, Conway, SC 29526-4340.
Telephone 843-488-1966 or Horry County Historical Society
A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Submit information or report content errors to HCHS Web Site Administrator.
©1966-2014 All rights reserved