FIRST METHODIST CHURCH
Methodist Bishop Francis Asbury's many visits to Kingston ( Conway ) between 1785 and 1815 preceded the organization of a Methodist congregation here. Land was obtained in 1842 and the first church building was constructed here in 1844. Still standing are the 1898 gothic-style and the 1910 mission-style buildings. The church was renamed First Methodist in 1958 and the current Georgian sanctuary was completed in 1961.
ERECTED BY THE CONGREGATION